Geplaatst: 16 Jun, 2023
Medior Back-end Developer
About the job
BrainsFirst distinguishes itself by creatively disrupting the HR world with neuroscientific tools. We unlock top talent in sports and the workplace by matching the cognitive fingerprints of job seekers with the desires of employers. We do this by developing neuroscientifically supported games and converting game data into unique profiles using machine learning tools. We assist (inter)national clients in aviation, consulting, finance, and elite sports. For a sneak preview, visit: www.neurolympics.nl/demo
Field and background BrainsFirst is a young company with great growth opportunities. We currently have a team of 20 people. The tech team consists of 4 people (A tech lead, a senior frontender, a junior frontender and a PO). You’ll be closely working with the science team, consisting of neuroscientists and data scientists. The company, founded in 2016, is gaining momentum with major international clients. We recently signed contracts with Deloitte, PwC and have had a huge success with our work in football.
About the role
To accelerate our development, we are looking for a Medior Backend developer to take the lead in further developing the platform at our Amsterdam office. This platform allows us to provide customized solutions to clients and deliver on-demand insights to employers and candidates.
As a Medior Developer, we offer you the opportunity to creatively build a unique platform. With a focus on current requirements and an eye on the future, you will help modularly expand our testing platform with more tests, techniques, and data. You will be helping in shaping and expanding the system and closely collaborate with the other teams (science, R&D). This offers you the chance to elevate your knowledge not only technically but also personally. You will be a crucial part of an interdisciplinary, compact team and have the opportunity to further develop yourself technically and personally.
What will you be working on?
A backoffice tool for test campaigns, with features such as:
- Setting specific data access parameters (which benchmarks are applied to the data, what the employer can and cannot see)
- Setting specific campaign parameters (which tests, which metadata, design, permissions, etc.)
Expanding the candidate dashboard where candidates can:
- Access game statistics
- Filter metadata through a dashboard
- Indicate their interest in matches
Expanding the API that allows us to integrate and enrich our data with external systems (ATS, CMS and CRM tools).
Expanding the employer dashboard where employers can:
- Gain more insights and draw learnings from them
- Modify and supplement their metadata (e.g., with CV data and social data)
- Java Spring
- Amazon AWS
- Amazon RDS (MySQL)
- React JS (nice to have)
- Salary: based on a 40 hours workweek / gross monthly salary of €4,000 – €4,700 depending on experience
- (8% holiday allowance)
- Pension plan
- Hybrid work (1-2 days a week in the office)
- Challenging job in a pleasant working atmosphere with the intention of long-term growth
- Year contract with possible extension to a permanent contract, one month trial period
- Any company-related expenses can be reimbursed upon prior approval
- Confidentiality agreement applies
The reason to get out of bed
- Seize this opportunity to play a decisive role as a Medior Developer in disrupting the global HR market
- Learn not only development but also management skills as a technical hub
- Become part of an ambitious team of entrepreneurs and scientists