Adding brain data can predict actual performance. Through adding predictive talent data, Academies van increase their ROI because it allows them to make better talent decisions.
AZ’s academy started their cooperation with BrainsFirst in 2015.
More correct admissions and rejections by adding more reliable data. Better understanding of which building blocks contribute to predicting football performance
Emphasis on past & present to future performance by predicting future success in 1st team.
The eye openers
Modern top-level football places specific demands on the brain. One is naturally more capable of this than the other.
–> AZ is looking for technically, tactically, physically and mentally outstanding talents, who ALSO can meet these high cognitive requirements
BrainsFirst = Neuroscience
- Deeper measurement of core qualities on a biological level
- Objective and reliable data
- Performance predictive value
Why Choose the NeurOlympics?
- Longitudinal Study of 1000+ (Youth) Top Level Players → Potency Predictive ‘Football Brain’ Model
- Measuring brain profiles in players on 53 cognitive factors
- Pre-selection based on match with the 7 most differentiating brain skills
Changes in the process and approach
- Look differently – other parameters – at talent
- As much objectivity as possible
- Add predictive analytics / data science
- Supplement talent profile with cognitive data
Results after 5 seasons
- Significant improvement in selection ratio
- More self-trained players in A-selection
- More minutes played by self-trained players in the starting team
- Higher transfer balance Academy players
- Higher identification between fans & ‘own’ players
- Positive financial contribution Academy to club result